Friendly golf for 16 and higher handicappers, with interesting in-house competitions and friendly matches against Rabbits Sections of other local clubs. There is an Open Day and the Rabbits Captain arranges an Away Day and an Exchange Day.
There are two informal Rabbits Roll-Ups at 10.15 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays, where any handicapper can play as Rabbits Members are friendly.
Rabbits In-House competitions run both Summer and Winter, with individual competitions and Summer and Winter pairs events.
Rabbits matches usually take place on mid-week afternoons, normally starting between 13.00 and 15.00. The usual team number is 12 with variations. The delight of matches for many Rabbits member is the meeting up of old opponents, swapping tales over a meal, so forging long term friendships.
Rabbits Captain’s Day
This is a Saturday qualifying competition with a cabaret evening to follow. Winners need to attend the cabaret evening or forfeit their prizes.
Rabbits Open Day
This is a chance to invite your pals from other Clubs. Handicaps from 12 – 28 are very welcome. There are valuable prizes on offer.
• Coles Cup – 18 hole bogey (Q)
• Warburton Cup – 18 hole Stableford (Q)
• Vickers Trophy – 18 hole Medal (White Tees Q)
• Tom Watts Cup – 9 hole Stableford (3 clubs + putter)
• Rabbits Captain’s Prize – 18 hole Stableford (Q)
• Hardy Annual – 18 hole singles matchplay
• Summer Fourball – 18 hole fourball, better ball matchplay
• Rabbits Greensomes – (handicap allowance 3/8 combined)
• Winter Fourball – 18 hole fourball better ball matchplay
• John Joy Winter Eclectic - individual eclectic over maximum 10 cards
All Rabbits competitions are from yellow tees with the exception of the Vickers Trophy.
(Q) – means Club Qualifying Competition
The Rabbits Section is run by a Committee. The subscriptions from 2020 will be £10 annually. You can join in the ProShop. The Rabbits Captain and Officials are listed in the diary or you can phone the Chairman, Peter Carle (07836 723193) if you would like to know more.
Have a good knock!